Thursday, January 27, 2011

Conflicting Goals

One of my New Year’s Resolutions this year was/is to run faster instead of farther, focusing on increasing my speed instead of my distance. Having been running only once a week or less for the last several months, I am starting out at a point where doing 5K in 30 minutes is doable but challenging. As far as my running goals are concerned, this is my starting point. But then I also want to work on toning and building muscle and let’s face it; be in the best shape of my life!

Somehow when I’m working out I feel guilty that I’m not running and when I run I feel guilty that I’m not working out. And then the weather comes into play and my running sneakers and I are quite comfortable inside the warm house, away from the cold and snow. It seems so funny to me that setting really positive goals for myself could end up being so conflicting. I think that the solution for me is to make a schedule at the beginning of the week of what I want to get in as far as workouts and do my best to stick to it. I will of course update on what this ends up looking like!
Do you have any conflicting goals? How do you find the balance between them?

No comments:

Post a Comment